DRIVE THE DREAM VERMONT launches!
DRIVE THE DREAM VERMONT is an initiative to encourage and recognize employer commitments to expand plug-in electric vehicle (EV) use in Vermont. Governor Peter Shumlin and leading Vermont employers met on September 16th, 2015 to launch the program and champion the growth of electric cars through:
- Installing new electric vehicle chargers for employees in the workplace;
- Increasing the number of EVs in corporate fleets; and/or
- Providing workplace incentives to encourage employee purchases or leases of electric cars.
See the press release for additional details on the event and a full listing of participating employers.
Employer Benefits from These Commitments
Recruit and Retain Employees
- Providing workplace charging and/or a EV incentive program is an effective way to attract top talent, reward your existing employees and build workplace morale (similar to onsite fitness centers, commuter programs, and other benefits).
Expand Your Sustainability Efforts
- Making your workplace EV-friendly will encourage your employees to use electric cars. Studies show that workplace investments lead to more EV use.
- It will also reduce your company’s’ carbon footprint in ways you can measure. Almost 50% of Vermont’s carbon pollution comes from transportation.
- Charging station installations qualify for LEED credits.
- Adding EVs to your fleet, providing workplace charging and/or offering electric car incentive programs can showcase your organization’s ability to adapt and prepare for the future – charging stations or EVs in your parking lot become visual symbols of future-minded leadership.
Enhance your Bottom Line
- Save money on fuel for your fleet and on vehicle maintenance costs by converting company cars to EVs.
Employers interested in joining this program just need to submit a commitment letter outlining their efforts to expand plug-in electric vehicle use at their workplace (sample template here). For more information, please contact Michelle McCutcheon-Schour
DRIVE THE DREAM VERMONT ORGANIZERS
Coordinated by Drive Electric Vermont